Re: Keymap problems in D-I (was: Re: Bugs in the latest Debian Sid installer)

Am Sonntag 23 August 2009 20:29:44 schrieb Christian Perrier:
> Quoting Uwe Bugla (uwe.bugla@gmx.de):
> > Hey you two guys (Frans and Christian - who else?)
> >
> > Will you please cooperate better - otherwise no problems will be solved
> > here at all. That means: The more experienced (Frans) should not leave
> > the less experienced (Christian) alone. This leads to nothing but chaos.
>
> Frans and I cooperate on D-I since 2004. There is a long history in
> D-I and both our positions in the project changed as well as our
> respective involvment. It's hard to really understand the whole thing
> from outside when one does not know the story of the project.
>
> > I am still ready to test, describe and reproduce problems in a most
> > possible constructive mood, but I am NOT READY to play the role of an
> > idiot testing incomplete dogshit produced by some cynical assholes
> > fucking up the whole thing out of whatever insane egoistic reason,
> > neglecting responsibility!!!!
> >
> > That also means: If I do describe a problem arising with netinst I do not
> > want to talk about netboot because I neither use discless workstations,
> > nor do I owe NICS with EPROMS for remote boot.....
> >
> > I prefer to talk to experienced people following the path that I
> > accurately describe. I do not want to waste my time to give triple
> > explanations for one and the same problem, goddamn!! One time must be
> > enough, Basta!
> > And anything else pins in the ass!
> >
> > Did I pronounce clear, or does anybody need further explanation??
>
> To make it clear that you have no respect for people you're talking
> to, yes.
>
> Read your words again. You're insulting, rude and arrogant (not to
> mention behaving like one of my kids......10 years ago).

Yes I am, and I stick to every word! There is no reason to apologize at all!

> You tested software in development which is clearly identified as
> software in development (the daily builds of Debian Installer). This
> software is developed by individuals who spend part of their spare
> time working on it....including their own holidays (my first replies
> to you were made during my family holidays).

The incompetent ones, the sucking ones, the unexperienced ones normally sing
that song! And I can't hear it any longer!
I have also got limits, but I deal constructively with my limits and I will
never even dare to use the words that you, Mister Perrier, use as an excuse
for bad or suboptimal or inaccurate behaviour.

In other words: I do hate to read those words and I would like to ask you to
find out whether you really spend your "spare time" in the correct place,
because you are really sucking, Mister Perrier!

> Yes, we expect our users to make further tests if they can and when
> they want. Thankfully, 99% of them are much more collaborative than
> you were on that issue.

Fuck your 99 % - just another bad lie!
I ain't no marionette of you, so do not insult my intelligence please!

> And the same 99% do show a positive attitude even when we screw up or
> are having hard times figuring out the solution for a specific issue.

If those 99 % are dumb - yes!
In case that even one of them comprehends the situation - just another quite
mediocre lie! It's you personally who is displaced here!

> In normal time, I would have dropped the issue nearly immediately and
> the only reason which made me insist was that you apparently went into
> a problem I needed to tackle, because I'm involved in the change of
> console handling utilities.

Please drop the issue and leave the solution up to more responsible and
capable people! It really pins in the ass to work with you!

I've cooperated with oh so many people in the last 10 years on Linux issues of
whatever kind - kernel issues, application issues, Debian package building
issues - you personally are really (without the slightest doubt) one of the
most disappointing examples of developers that I can imagine.
It's you who is arrogant here - not me at all, Mister Perrier!

> But, please believe me: with the attitude that you shown during that
> thread, I think that nobody in the D-I team during the last 6 years
> where I worked on it (that one was for the "less experienced" which is
> just plain fun to hear)....would have spent more than 5 minutes
> reading your mails and moving to somethign else.
>
> That mail is my last one sent to you in that thread.

I really hope that this is true, because I really do not want to work with
people like you personally for one more second - as I said already I do prefer
real capable ones: You're a mismatch in my eyes! You are a shame for the whole
Debian community!

Uwe