Re: First tests with console-setup replacing kbd-config

Quoting Anton Zinoviev (anton@lml.bas.bg):

> > Then, I was prompted for many keyboard/font related things, in
> > French.
>
> In expert mode (i.e. low debconf priority) it is normal for
> console-setup to ask many such questions.

Yes, I expected that. In standard mode, only one question was asked
(keyboard layout, just like kbd-config).

> 1. Do you have loadkeys and kbd_mode utilities?  I think they are from
> kbd-udeb.

Yes, both of them are here

> 2. What does output the command setupcon -v

setupcon: None of /etc/default/console-setup nor //.console-setup exists

> 3. Is UTF-8 the value of CHARMAP in /etc/default/console-setup?

There is no such file..:)

> BTW, the last commands in the postinst of console-setup are these:
>
> if [ -f /usr/share/console-setup-mini/console-setup.config ]; then
>     setupcon --force --save
> fi
>
> > Then, later trying to come back in "Keyboard configuration" just did
> > nothing...
>
> Maybe the questions are not shown because they are marked by Debconf as
> 'seen'?

Hmmm, I don't remember how we do this but questions are asked again
for other modules....