Re: Request for help - cleaning spam from the debian-boot mailing list archive

On Sunday 03 May 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> I'm looking forward to a cleaner archive! If we share the workload a
> bit, that should be possible.

First of all: many thanks for the great response to this RFH!

Progress on the review of the archive has been huge. Since the start over
11,000 nominations as spam have been submitted and about 3400 reviews
have been done. This has already resulted in 676 spams being removed from
the archive and for this week another 650 posts are waiting for review.

We now have a solid team working on this and if we keep this up it looks
that in 4 or 5 weeks we can have d-boot virtually clean of spam for 2006
and later.

Current status can be seen on:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SpamClean

Additional help to scan the archive and nominate posts is always welcome.

Cheers,
FJP