Re: busybox features required for Kickstart support

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 07:57:35AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> ... and I don't remember this was mentioned for D-I purposes. In
> short, we never requested that change, at least in last months.

Each udeb is part of D-I by definition. There was two bugs for this
feature, one for usage by live-helper.

>                                Thus, it was then logically requested
> that live-installer drops the use of native tar...that's all.

Nope. live-helper was waiting for the feature.

> On the other hand, maybe internal tar support is something interesting
> for other purposes. After all, D-I is not alone to use busybox, aren't
> we?

The busybox udeb is solely for the usage in d-i.

Bastian

--
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
		-- Kirk, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.8