Re: busybox features required for Kickstart support

Hello Colin,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> There are a couple of changes in busybox required in order to support
> Kickstart (packages/kickseed/), which have been languishing in the BTS
> for a long time. Is there any chance that these could be fixed?
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=348314
>    busybox-udeb: please enable getopt
>    (mandatory for kickseed)
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=348664
>    busybox: consider CONFIG_NFSMOUNT
>    (useful for kickseed, and would also enable an NFS retriever)
>
> The original request for this was here:
>
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/01/msg00372.html

As we have talked at IRC, I'm all for that. I believe we ought to
avoid bloading installer when possible but we can't hold improvements
forever. The default machine specs has changed a bit since 2006 and
then I do believe that this is much less problematic then it was.

Besides that, kickstart will add a big plus in Debian Installer and
make life much easier for people to migrate for Debian in Enterprise.
So basically I fully agree with it being add.

Others?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br