Re: Re: Re: di-netboot-assistant - toward version 1.0

Hello Frank,

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to fire-up a brainstorming for netboot images in Squeeze.
>
> As far as I can say, there are two typical architecture:
> * Move to .deb images
> * Generalize and structure the .tar.gz files

I think the best option is to generalize the tar.gz files also because
there're a lot of people that uses those images on servers that aren't
Debian based. Using a .deb file will make it harder (yes, I know how
to extract it by hand but most people will take a while to get over
it).

I fully agree that we ought to have a standard way to provide the
images and that those should have a /layout/ that makes easy to manage
them all. So I fully agree with you here.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br