Re: Code cleanup: take 1

Frans Pop wrote:
On Saturday 02 May 2009, Luk Claes wrote:
* sarge-support
* vmelilo-installer (also from unstable)?
* sysconfig-writer
* linux-kernel-di-m68k-2.6
* linux-modules-di-m68k-2.6

Can these safely be removed from the repository?

None of these should be removed.
The *only* one which could possibly be discussed in this list is sarge-support.

That's one.

> This one actually could be removed.

That's two.

Why would removal from the modules package be ok and not removal from the kernel package or the bootloader installer btw? What's special with the modules package?

>On Saturday 02 May 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> > >
> > > Since when is d-i restricted to architectures in the main debian
> > > archive? This decision belongs to the m68k people.
>
> Hmm? So m68k porters should decide on s390's sysconfig-writer [1]?  ;-)
>
> I fully agree with your statement though.

So what about the modules package in that case?

> [1] Which is only included in the list because it looks like Luk was
somewhat sloppy when checking whether "a package is in the archive".

Not at all, that package is not in the archive, some people where sloppy with not renaming the directory name in the repository apparently. Would it be fine for me to rename the directory?

Cheers

Luk