Re: wpasupplicant for all wireless ops? (was: Re: [Netcfg-Add-WPA-Support 0/3])

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Jérémy Bobbio <lunar@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 03:34:59PM +0900, Glenn Saberton wrote:
>> Here's the patchset again against current netcfg. I haven't actually added
>> anything to the patchset since the last time I submitted it for consideration.
>> I intend on also using wpasupplicant for setting the wep key which in my eyes
>> simplifies things by removing the current wep function. We can also use it for
>> setting the essid for an open ap which would hopefully work around the issue
>> outlined below.
>
> Actually, the more I think of it, the more I think it would be the
> best way to go.  And I think such change should be made quite early in
> the release cycle…

I fully agree with that; this would allow us to properly handle any possible
regression during the cycle and also cleanup netcfg code a bit.

Glenn has show interest to use wpasupplicant  to also handle WEP
assignment and this also makes sense for me since it simplify the
final code and testing paths.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br