Re: Reminder: D-I team meeting April 11th 20:00

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Adeodato Simó (dato@net.com.org.es):
>

>> Anyway, my point is that if you’re going to hold regular meetings, the
>> best you can do (for hopefully obvious reasons) is coming up with a rule
>> that let’s you immediately know when the next meeting is, without having
>> to know when the previous one was. The typical “the first Thursday of
>> each month” people use. I’ll note Your proposed “every other Monday”
>> does not meet the rule, unless you’d be geeky and say “Mondays when
>> `date +%V` is even”.
>

> Agreed. I use the "very other <foo>" rule atwork very often (I'm a
> geat user of regular meetings, actually, my scheduler isfull of such
> beasts), but we have a common Agenda software to handle this.
>
> What about "Every 1st and 3rd Monday of each month" ? This will
> obviously make a 3 week delay sometimes but that would be the price to
> pay to simplicity.

This works nice and also keeps it simple enough.

> We could also decide by advance what the maximum meeting duration
> would be. 1h30 seems to be appropriate for me. If we have very
> specific stuff that need longer discussions, we can still plan special
> meetigns for it.

Having regular meetings allow us to have short ones; I think 1h30min is
enough. Specially after  those that we're doing to organize things I do
believe they'll be able to be shorter.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br