Re: [RFC] Consequences for official CD/DVD images for Lenny

Hello folks,

Frans Pop wrote:
> I think we have the following options here:
> 3) change m-a DVD to support all desktop environments; drop powerpc
>    (3rd column in 2nd table)
> 4) something I have not investigated: drop source...
>
> My personal vote goes to option 3.

For my personal opinion, the multi-arch DVD is very cool idea, cause of
the convenience for our user to do many kind of "installations". And may
be able to help other users even they have different arch computers and
different level of hardwares. That makes this image like a magic and so
powerful. :)

So the question would be source vs ppc arch support, which is more
useful for our users on the multi-arch DVD for the purpose?

I think only people who don't have good internet connection would need
source packages. And I guess rare of these people needs multi-arch
support. So for these users, better choose standalone arch DVD image,
cause they would need fully offline installation and source packages.

So, may I vote for 4?

Sorry Frans, hope you won't mind I made more works on you. :)

-Andrew