make-ing the installer for another architecture

Hi!

I'm a beginner in debian-installer, but would like to create a
customized one. Not so customized, rather a more automatic one. I've
read thru these:
http://www.dit.gov.bt/admin/index.php/D-i
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/internals/
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apb.html

I must tell you guys, those are some amazingly helpful writings.

The first in my series of questions is that can I make an installer for
another architecture besides where I'm building the d-i?

I'm using amd64, but I wish the 'make build_cdrom_gtk' command to create
an installer for i386 and thus including the i386 udebs in it. Is this
possible?

Daniel

--
LEVAI Daniel