speakup enabled d-i?

Hello,

	I'm new to this list, so please bear with me.

	I have been using debian for several years now, with speakup (a text-only (cli) screen-review system for blind/visually-impaired users)

	The last system I installed using a CD netinst image from Shane ??. It installed etch and then I've had to do editing of the sources.list, to upgrade to sid and lenny. Then compiling a custom kernel to include the speakup patches.

	New releases of debian, I understand, have the necessary hooks in the kernel to permit speakup to loaded as modules without a custom kernel.. that's great, but...

	Here's my question:

	Is there a plan to include speakup in the d-i? wit current kernel and installing lenny? I am reluctant to go through the arduous process of installing etch/upgrading to sid then to lenny, etc. Hoping that speakup can be included in the d-i so that we blind/visually-impaired users can install an up-to-date system with speech from the beginning.

	Please advise if/when this might be included in the d-i.

	Thannks in advance,

	--terry

--
Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	705-812-4949

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like...
having a peeing sectionin a swimming pool.

Tired of technology? Check this out: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm