Re: [ANN] Debian Installer Timeline - Release Candidate 1

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 11:49:55AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > We are near of Debian Lenny release and we do need to run to not be
> > late on its schedule. Here goes the planned timeline:
>
> just to be extra sure: is this the timeline for rc1 (as the subject
> says) or the timeline for 5.0r0 (which the body makes me think)?

I am unsure about the exact details on how rc1 would be turned into
5.0r0, but as far as I have understood, there is no changes to be done
on our side.  Only the CD/DVD sets and ftp symlinks needs to be updated.

The current suite is already "lenny" and this side of the build system
has been improved since Etch: setting the suite to "etch" was the only
change Frans made when uploading rc2, and it is now unecessary, AFAIK.

The only thing we need to remember is to create a Lenny branch in the
repository starting on the debian-installer upload if it becomes 5.0r0.
Which I really hope we will manage to do.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism