Re: i386 pxelinux.cfg no-longer serial friendly!

On Sunday 13 July 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 01:14:55PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > If it can be added back without seriously complicating things, that'd
> > be fine. I do think that vesamenu is right out for serial console,
> > but have not actually checked that.
>
> I have, and I was pretty suprised: you have a real text menu with the
> different options in an ascii box. :)

That is excellent! Could you write a para about that that could be
included in the Installation Guide in the section about booting D-I [1]?
As you have actually seen it, you're probably the best person to do so.

Note that dannf (IIRC) gave me some info for system using management
consoles where it worked a bit different (see [1]).

Or is there a way I can do this myself using qemu? In that case I could
probably do it myself.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s01.html#boot-screen