d-i to read preseed from floppy first thing

Good day!

Installing etch using the boot parameter 'file=/floppy/preseed' I am
discovering that d-i reads the specified preseed file only after the network
configuration, just like with the 'url' boot parameter. I've expected d-i to
read the preseed file first thing before asking me any questions when it is
specified with the 'file' boot parameter because it doesn't have to ask me
anything in order to mount the floppy drive, unlike setting up the network.

Help?

Chau!
--
Shachar Or | שחר אור