Re: i386 floppy status

On Friday 04 July 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> I can build floppies with the 2.6.25 images, but in qemu I see this:
>
> Booting from floppy...
> Boot error

I got this same error today. Great you traced it.

> I don't know whether to file a qemu or a kernel bug here. Would someone
> like to test this image in another emulator? (Or real floppy drive if
> there are any actually left).
>
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/tmp/boot.img

I'm getting the same error I was seeing in the floppy tests I reported
earlier:

Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok

And then after some time a crash of VirtualBox.

The floppy syslinux config is still also broken: I cannot boot expert mode
or anything; I can only hit enter.

I ended up building floppies using 2.6.24 then....