Re: Tibetan Machine Uni font sources for the new version (v1.901)

On Monday 09 June 2008, Tom Söderlund wrote:

> > if there are any major changes in the font that could affect the
> > udeb or cause a significant change in its size, it would be nice to
> > hear about those.
>
> The font file which is the sole content of the udeb package has grown a
> bit over threefold from 1355768 bytes to 4511176 bytes.

Hmmm. That's not nice for the memory usage of the graphical installer.
It would be good to look into that before the new version is uploaded.

Davide Viti is our current "fonts manager". Added him in CC in the hope
that he has time to contact you about this and see if that increase can
be reduced.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,
FJP