On Monday 02 June 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote: > Perl Team is know to be looking into the issue but looks that to avoid > doubling the perl-base installed size they'll need to do bigger code > changes to avoid the code paths to not be used if those files aren't > present. I don't have a clue when it'll be done. > > What general view about this issue by the team? If Joey is certain that effect of the issue is only the warnings and that the working of D-I (in all languages) is not affected, it should probably not delay the release. And installing perl as a workaround also has a few issues. At least it won't affect Etch+1/2 installs. I do still feel that having these errors in the logs is not a sign of quality and they will also make dealing with installation issues less pleasant. The issue should at least be mentioned in the errata for Beta 2 so that hopefully we won't be getting to many "there are these errors in the logs" bug reports. Cheers, FJP
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.