Re: bypassing partman while preseeding

"Tim Stoop" <tim.stoop@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:
>
>>> partman-auto partman-auto/init_automatically_partition select Manual
>>> doesn't work.
>>
>> It works the same for the Woody, Sarge, Etch and Lenny installers.
>> It skips the following question by pre-selecting the manual method:
>
> I understand, but I'm doing something wrong because I keep getting
> the "Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM" partitioning layout.

Perhaps you could try without any preseeding first.  That way you'll
see all the questions and can decide which you'd rather skip.

> I'm using the scripts from hands.com/d-i, with some altered
> preseeding. I added the files in the early_script phase and
> confirmed they're there. Then I added a preseed script with exactly
> the contents as in your preseed.example. However, I still get the
> default Guided LVM thingy.

Depending on your method, it may be the easiest to simply specify
multiple initrd images (comma separated).  Isolinux and co. will
simply merge those.  Leave the first as the default initrd from the
installer, and the second containing the extra files.

If the files are in place and functional, they should add new menu
item(s) to the partitioning menu.  If they can't see anything new,
then something is wrong.

I'll be offline for a couple of hours now, good luck!
--
Cheers,
Feri.