Re: bypassing partman while preseeding

"Tim Stoop" <tim.stoop@gmail.com> writes:

> I've got a fairly strict partitioning scheme that I want to setup through
> preseeding. It's really very simple, but partman can't do it (afaict):
>
> - /boot outside of LVM, 500M
> - LVM "dom0" of 10G with several partitions for the dom0
> - LVM "domU" empty (at least while installing), rest of the disk
>
> Is there a simple way to bypass partman and set this up as I want? Any tips
> on how to do this? I rather not create my own udebs, since we'd like to keep
> everything as generic as possible (mostly so we can easily use the recipes
> when new versions of Debian are released).

I gave up on persuading partman to do things like this, and use the
attached initrd overlay instead.  It adds new menu items to partman,
which facilitate easy preseeding, but also possible to use manually.

It does not support "use all space in the VG" out of the box (I never
needed that), but you can probably add it fairly easily.
--
Regards,
Feri.