Re: [RFC] Extending wireless-tools-udeb

On Monday 07 April 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> Why would one need iwevent in the installer environment?  I have never
> used it myself in any situation, that's why I am asking.

I hadn't either. But I found it useful when trying netcfg with my Atheros
card as it shows what's happening while netcfg is running, so it's useful
for debugging. Without it you basically have no idea what is happening.

Example when running it on VT2 and then starting netcfg:
<timestamp> wlan0 Set Mode:Managed
<timestamp> wlan0 Set Encryption key:on
<timestamp> wlan0 Set Encryption key:off
<timestamp> wlan0 Set ESSID:off/any

Also, it's not that big: 11kB.

I'll start the changes.