Re: Manual hostname in preseed

On Monday 07 April 2008, Armin ranjbar wrote:
> its not 100% automated since we need to ask users for ip information and
> hostname , but when i disable Dhcp ip gathering , no dialog for hostname
> is shown .

So you do have this setting included in your preseed file:
d-i netcfg/disable_dhcp boolean true
?

> d-i netcfg/get_hostname string
> d-i netcfg/get_domain string
>
> are asking for static ip address and dialog , i thought commenting this
> line will result in manual dialog but it didn't .

Yes, if they are commented, the dialogs should be displayed. But as you
display them here, they are _not_ commented out. They just have empty
values.

What you need is:
# d-i netcfg/get_hostname string
# d-i netcfg/get_domain string
(Or just remove the lines completely.)

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. Please don't send the same mail three times.