Dell XPS Dimension 200n booting from floppies

Greetings:

In summary:

    I am trying to install debin 4 i386 on a Dell XPS Dimension 200n. Memory = 128mb with a 2.1 GB hard disk. This PC can not boot off of the debian install CD.
     I have followed the 4.3. Creating Floppies from Disk Images
Before you can create the floppies, you will first need to download them from one of the Debian mirrors, as explained in Section 4.2, “Downloading Files from Debian Mirrors”. If you already have an installation CD-ROM or DVD, the floppy images may also be included on the CD/DVD.

4.2.1. Where to Find Installation Images

The installation images are located on each Debian mirror in the directory debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/ — the MANIFEST lists each image and its purpose.

    I have down loaded the following files from the Open Source Lab
boot.img
cd-drivers.img
net-drivers-1.img
net-drivers-2.img
root.img
MD5SUMS ( I checked all of the files and they check correctly )

After creating the floppies
PC boots from the boot floppy
PC loads the root root floppy
I install the NIC module and PC aquires an IP from DHCP
Install continues up until it gets the following error

  [!!] Configuring x11-common

Installation step failed
an installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item
again from the menu, or ship it an choose something else. The
failing step is:  Select and install software

Continue

Please let me know what else I could do to install debin

  Thanks
      DanO
        spookeetooth@msn.com