Re: testing: issue with mips images

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 01:58:22PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> > * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2008-03-07 00:32]:
> >> Looks like a somehow corrupt cramfs image.
> >>
> >> The mipsel images do not have this problem. I see tbm reported a
> >> similar problem on debian-mips[1], and it seems to affect real hardware.
> >
> > Looks like the same issue indeed.  It's good to know that this also
> > happens in qemu since I wasn't sure whether it was specific to SGI.
> > Anyway, I mostly care about mipsel these days (which works), so maybe
> > someone else can take a look.
> >
> > And someone should put in the errata that mips d-i beta1 is broken.
>
> At a first glance, it looks like a problem during the initrd build
> process. The image is shorter on mips than on mipsel, while I see now
> reason for that. Also I have recently built d-i on mips a lot of time to
> work on the mklibs bug, and I don't about remember seeing this problem.
>
> I will try to build the image myself to see if it changes something.

The image I have generated works correctly here. You can find it on:

http://temp.aurel32.net/d-i-lenny-qemu/

The md5sums are:

12082c31bae04e909ce2f8a082a96b35  initrd.gz
0b0c8a0e87338bf48bae59438a46bd54  vmlinux-2.6.22-3-qemu

It has about the same size as the mipsel one, which confirms the problem
is in the build process. Thiemo, could you please have a look at this?