Re: testing: issue with mips images

Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2008-03-07 00:32]:
>> Looks like a somehow corrupt cramfs image.
>>
>> The mipsel images do not have this problem. I see tbm reported a
>> similar problem on debian-mips[1], and it seems to affect real hardware.
>
> Looks like the same issue indeed.  It's good to know that this also
> happens in qemu since I wasn't sure whether it was specific to SGI.
> Anyway, I mostly care about mipsel these days (which works), so maybe
> someone else can take a look.
>
> And someone should put in the errata that mips d-i beta1 is broken.

At a first glance, it looks like a problem during the initrd build
process. The image is shorter on mips than on mipsel, while I see now
reason for that. Also I have recently built d-i on mips a lot of time to
work on the mklibs bug, and I don't about remember seeing this problem.

I will try to build the image myself to see if it changes something.