Re: [RFR] Release Announce draft at wiki

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 11:07:55PM +0000, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:
> A Tuesday 04 March 2008 17:44:22, Jérémy Bobbio escreveu:
> > On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 08:06:56PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I strongly disagree.  It took me more than a full day to produce this
> > "changelog" after reviewing more than 1400 entries spread in more than
> > 140 packages.  We create d-i as easily extensible, easily preseedable,
> > and yet we should not give an easy way to know what have happened
> > between major releases?
>
> [...]
>
> Do you have a list of those changelogs that you can share?
> That would be an help to identify new functional features and improvements.

I hope I have sucessfully done the work for the status of the installer
on early febuary.  To extract the relevant information from the packages
maintained in the debian-installer repository, use the "viewchanges"
script in the "scripts" directory.

As other packages producing udebs that are not maintained by the
debian-installer team should also be looked at, browsing
packages.debian.org for the debian-installer section is also one way to
do it.

> The content of the Release Announcement should be focused on the d-i itself or
> on the whole 'lenny'?

We are currently speaking about the release announcement for d-i beta1,
so it is focused on d-i itself.  AFAIK, the release team will coordinate
the writing of the release notes for the "whole Lenny"; d-i release
announcements should help them doing so.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism