Re: [RFR] Release Announce draft at wiki

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:
> > On Tuesday 04 March 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> >> I do agree that the current draft does not look like a release
> >> announcement.  But the document I had initially written was actually
> >> meant to be a part of it, as a simple, human-readable compilations of
> >> the various changes in the installer since Etch.
> >
> > If that was it's purpose, it should not have had it's current header
> > and Otavio should not have presented it as "the" release announcement
> > on the mailing list.
>
> That's why it's called draft. This means it's not finished yet ;-)

This is a draft of a totally different document than a release announcement,
so that really is nonsense.
I commented on it as a draft of the release announcement (because that is
what you told me it was), while this is a draft of a detailed changes log.

> <...>
>
> > Even then I think the current document is messy in the sense that the
> > information is not very logically ordered and does a bad job to reflect
> > the impact and importance of various changes.
>
> I'd like to know if you could help on that.
>
> I'm not personally good to document that things and specially I'm not
> also good to prepare those type of texts. People more used to that
> might help on it. You are one that come to my mind, obviously.

As I've told you before, I'm not willing to do that.