Re: Hold the upload until Beta1 test images

Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:28:52PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>
>> I noticed that you tagged and uploaded m68k kernel udebs however, as
>> you know, we're in mid of Beta1 releasing.
>
> Sure. As you know m68k doesn't have a beta to test. 2.6.24 fixes an
> atari/aranym bug present in 2.6.22. Moreover, I wasn't aware that
> multiple versions of kernel udebs would cause anybody any grief. We
> usually upload them before we switch over d-i, don't we?

Yes and I plan to upload kernel-wedge as soon as final test phase
starts. At that time, the risk of a kernel upload (for d-i) is near to
zero.

>> It's a bad time for it so I asked for the package rejecting to
>> ftp-masters. Another thing that they noticed is that your upload was
>> wrongly done since it lacked the source and would be nice if you could
>> be more careful in next upload.
>
> Well I ran kernel-wedge build-all which is what I've done in the past.
> It spit out two changes files [0], which I don't remember. So I signed
> them and uploaded. Apparently wrong again, not my week. :(

But you've used a non-released kernel-wedge to be able to build
it. It's wrong since we're suppose to be able to rebuild the packages
sent to the archive however in that case, if someone would try that,
it would fail since kernel-wedge isn't the same.

>> I'll upload kernel-wedge when it's ok for 2.6.24 uploads to start.
>
> Okay, hopefully I'll have time whenever that is, otherwise feel free
> to upload the m68k binaries. I'm already happy with the way the
> packaging works for now (at least until I've tested it by using it).

That's fine. I hope that in few days we start to do that.

> I'll go crawl back under my rock for now. :)

hehe, no problem.

See you again in few days! Bye.

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."