Re: Documenting how to test multipath devices

On Saturday 01 March 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:54:36PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
> > Patch moved that hunk outside the actual for loop so $partdev was
> > always empty. I didn't notice earlier since I expected the QEMU devices
> > to showup anyway since they're not SCSI. O.k. to apply?
>
> This email made me remember that (I might have overlooked it), I have
> not seen a document describing how to test multipath devices support.
>
> It would be great if you could document somewhere (wiki or
> installer/doc/devel) a way for people lacking the necessary hardware how
> to test your recent contributions.

Agreed. A wiki page for multipath would be very good to have, especially as
it is a feature that needs to be activated on the boot prompt.

Something like the page for SataRaid (which is linked from the main D-I wiki
page) would be great:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SataRaid