Re: Dependencies on libnewt0.52 (was: Adding udebs in shlibs files for glibc)

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > BTW, could it be that this comment in pkg-lists/exclude is obsolete?
> >    # some arches and versions of glibc link against libgcc1,
> >    # it will be pulled in via library reduction
> >    libgcc1 -
> >
> > If I scan all current udebs I find no dependencies on libgcc*.
>
> Have you ldd's the libc on all arches? AFAIK libgcc1 is used on some 64
> bit arches or such.

No. I only checked the dependencies of all udebs. Shouldn't it show up as a
dependency of libc*-udeb for those arches?
[...]
Ah, no. I see that the glibc control file for libc*-udebs does not contain
any Depends: lines (and neither does libc6 itself).

Oh, well. There's probably a good reason for that.