Re: D-I Etch+1/2 kernel selection

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> Because of changes in the installation procedure since I implemented
> the "sarge-support" udeb, I first needed to ensure installation of the
> etch-support udeb is queued in cdrom-detect and iso-scan. With that, we
> will have the following situation:
> - cdrom-detect: queues etch-support for netinst and full CDs
> - iso-scan: queues etch-support for hd-media
> - choose-mirror: queues etch-support for netboot/floppy-net/businesscard CD

Those patches looks OK for commiting right now from my point of view.

> I then added a hack in base-installer which does the following.
> If the (new) debconf template "base-installer/kernel/altmeta" has a value
> (e.g. 'etchnhalf'), it will add new potential kernel defaults before the
> the "normal" kernel defaults, with that value postfixed.
> I.e, if the normal possible defaults are:

I think that prefmeta (preferred metapackage) is more logical for the
template name from my point of view. I'd like to get a comment from
Christian since he always gives good suggestions on this cases :-)

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116