Re: [directfb-users] porting etch graphic installer to mips/lemote

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 09:57:20AM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Vern Sun wrote:
>> I am porting etch graphic installer to a mips based Desktop system
>> (Lemote/Fulong[1]) and am having a problem running dfbinfo.
>
> Cool! right now g-i works on i386, amd64, ppc (partially), support for mips
> would be great!
>
>> == Crash problem when dfbinfo is running in chroot jail.
>> But it works fine without a chroot.
>> /dev# /usr/lib/directfb-0.9.25/bin/dfbinfo
>
> </snip>
>
> Unfortunately i cannot help you with such platform, but i know Davide Viti
> had been working in the past to port g-i on ARM or MIPS (cannot remeber
> correctly right now).

g-i was run on an arm qemu virtual machine see [1], [2], [3]; the message was
cross-posted to relevant mailing-lists, thus sparse links to sparse MLs

nice to see g-i ported to new architectures!

ciao,
Davide

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/10/msg00417.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/11/msg01289.html