a whole set of blades with multiple NICs

Op 08-11-2007 om 15:07 schreef Dr. David Alan Gilbert:

> When installing using a netinstall you are prompted to select a network
> card with a list like:
>   eth0: Broadcom .......
>   eth1: Broadcom ......
>
> It really should show the MAC address to let you distinguish which
> interface you intend to use; in my case I have a set of Dell PE 1955
> blades where the ether card the BIOS sees as the first device is seen
> as eth1 under Debian and I know the Mac address of the appropriate one.

Hello Dave,

If you still have some of those blades to install,
please do the next one with only one interface connected to a network
switch and please report back.

Thing I would like to known is if Debian-Installer defaults to the
active NIC. D-I has program code to do so, but I haven't seen it working
myself yet, I have only seen reports from people un-aware of that nifty
functionality in D-I.

Cheers
Geert Stappers

P.S.