uswsusp should probably remove its d-i specific hack for devfs support

Package: uswsusp
Severity: normal

Quoting Steve Kleene (skdeb@syrano.acb.uc.edu):

(this was a mail in debian-boot, but not a bug report. I turn this
into a bug report against uswsusp. Please answer to that bug report
rather than to this mail directly. I'll post the bug number as soon as
I receive it. Steve, it would be good to make you the bug submitter
but I need your agreement for this

> I've built three Etch systems this year.  The most recent seems fine, but its
> installation proceeded differently than in the past, and so I'm confused.
>
> I installed from the latest netinst CD.  During "Select and install
> software", the following came up:
>
>  "The swap partition that was found in uswsusp's configuration file is
>   not active.  In most cases this means userspace software suspend will
>   not work for you and you will need to choose (or let uswsusp choose)
>   another partition.  In some corner cases, however, this can be what you
>   want.
>
>  "Continue without a valid swap partition?"

This issue clearly needs to be dealt with the uswsusp package
maintainer as it apparently happens during the software initial
install on a *new* system.

From a quick look to uswsusp config script, I see it seems to include
special d-i-related code, to support devfs-style names. However, d-i doesn't
use devfs anymore, so I suspect that something might need to be
adapted in uswsusp config script. The comment even says "This will be
removed when d-i starts using `normal' device names."......"This"
should now probably be removed.. :-)

The remaining of Steve's mail, for completeness: