Re: (summary?) Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

Joey Hess wrote:
> I don't feel this will be too hard to implement, but obviously there's
> no point on blocking your changes on it.

With the debconf-apt-progress from debconf 1.5.17, if the progresscancel
capb is set in d-i, hitting cancel on the progress bar will send first a
SIGINT, and if repeated, a SIGKILL, to whatever program
debconf-apt-progress has run. Which is good enough to cancel aptitude
update and aptitude --download-only install.

I haven't tested this inside d-i yet, and the lack of cancelable
progress bars in debconf frontends has also prevented me from fully
testing it, but I think it will work.

--
see shy jo