Re: (summary?) Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

On Thursday 01 November 2007, Joey Hess wrote:
> It asks for all the CDs first, there's no path through the install that
> asks about a network mirror first (if anna uses a network mirror, this
> isn't a full CD and so it doesn't ask for other full CDs, AIUI).

I don't understand the comment about anna.

If anna uses a network mirror, you're doing either a netboot or
floppy/netdrivers install and there is no CD, i.e. /cdrom/.disk/ does not
exist.
Even better, apt-cdrom-setup should normally not even be installed in that
case, so the 41cdset generator won't even be available.

The actual check the 41cdset generator does is:
- does a file /cdrom/.disk/cd_type exist
- is it content equal to either "full_cd" or "dvd"
  (for netinst/businesscard it is "incomplete")