Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

2007/11/1, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl>:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Praveen A wrote:
> > [...], when Ubuntu gives everything a normal user wants in one CD.
>
> That's not quite true. AFAIK Ubuntu only distributes _DVDs_ and I'm fairly
> sure that if you take a Debian DVD you will find most of what you would
> want on the first DVD as well.

Ubuntu does give CDs https://shipit.ubuntu.com/ I have had lots of CDs
delivered to me. Most of the newbies are scared of the command line
and when what you just need is an office suite and browser you still
need to use command line for that (or have a broadband connection or
DVD) is too much. CDs are still very popular and the only option for
many including schools. If at least synaptic was there in the first cd
it would have been easy to tell them just to add the CD from synaptic
and install Open Office.

Cheers
Praveen
--