Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

Op 31-10-2007 om 21:53 schreef Holger Levsen:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007 19:23, Frans Pop wrote:
> > And, as said before, I think it is wanted a lot more than you think. Not
> > for full sets, but I think for a lot of users downloading the first 2-4 CDs
> > can be a very sensible option.
>
> Debian Edu pretty much wants that, to be able to distribute a CD set "which
> can be installed fully without a network". Not every schools has dvd drives
> (at all or in all machines).

I do understand the "without a network" part.

I miss the link between Debian-Edu, famous for it's single CD install
and getting an extra question in the installer for scanning more CDs.
(which implies leaving the single install CD philosophy for Debian-Edu)

Cheers
Geert Stappers