Re: [RFC] Support column alignment in (multi)select debconf questions

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Quoting Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org):
>> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> > Using almost any other character than a tab does have the issue that
>> > said separator character would need a way to be escaped and displayed.
>>
>> And why does tab don't need a way to be escaped?
>

> I'd say "because I currently don't know about any legitimate use of a
> tab character in a debconf template"....

This isn't accurate enough, I'm sorry. I think that any char we choose
as a separator needs to have a way to be escaped. We can not have any
use for it now but after we get it deployed it won't be nice to change
that kind of thing and then I do prefer to be conservative.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116