Re: "No kernel modules found" on today amd64

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Eugen Dedu (Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr):
Hi,

I have a MacBookPro, last version (June 2007). During installation from CD debian-testing-amd64-businesscard.iso, vesion oct7-0905UTC (today last version), md5sum d054222ff8db483c9f273015dda3d7b0:

1. I receive the following error:

"Load installer components from CD:
No kernel modules were found.  This probably is due to a mismatch..."

Can you try with today's *netboot* image (not *netinst*)?

http://people.debian.org/~aba/d-i/images/daily/netboot/mini.iso

With the ISO from the link above, the network detection is ok.

However, it asks me about floppy module, but I have no floppy... I unselect the floppy module, I say no to PCMCIA services, and the DCCP (with Ethernet) works. I am doing the installation and keep you informed.

Sorry, what's the difference between netboot and netinst? Is there a Web page explaining that? At http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/ netboot is absent... I think it would be useful to explain at http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ in one sentence each of the types of boot.

Thank you,
--
Eugen Dedu