Re: console-setup switch: i18n will be a hot topic-->find smething else?

Il giorno gio, 16/08/2007 alle 22.42 +0200, Christian Perrier ha
scritto:
> I'm slowly having a deeper look at console-setup related issues.
>
> Now I have a kinda-working setup, however I'm really fearing a quite
> big problem: *None* of model/variant/layout/fontsets/etc. names are
> internationalized.
>
> The name are *hardcoded* in the .config script and the number of names
> is HUGE. So, even if we find a way to internationalize this, the size
> of the resulting package will be *huge* as well.
>
> Anyway, I feel that prompting for first a country, then refining by
> layout, model, variant, toggle stuff and font stuff is way too
> complicated. There are so many choices available....
>
> Shouldn't we go the Ubuntu way and prompt users for some keys to
> decide about the keyboard layout?

Do this help reducing size? If I understand correctly the biggest
problem is package size not if the chosen keyboard layout is correct.

Bye
sc

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it  http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.