console-setup udeb: fails to create the /etc/default/console-setup file?

This is not entirely investigated and I plan to do it during my
holidays, but I prefer mentioning this as easly as possible.

I successfully built a mini.iso image without kbd-chooser and with
console-setup-udeb. I just had to temporarily remove ai-choosers and
auto-install from build/pkg-lists/netboot/common to avoid pulling
kbd-chooser in.

However, while the questions about my country and kbd variant are
asked, the French keymap is not loaded at the end.

Apparently, console-setup runs setupcon at the end of its postinst but
/etc/default/console-setup does not exist and, therefore, no action is
taken.