Re: [D-I] Status of console-setup switch

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 04:52:59PM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> I tested with Bulgarian. After the reboot I notdt that both
> console-setup and console-cyryllic are installed. My impression was
> that console-cyrillic is no longer needed so I removed it.

I suppose tasksel installed console-cyrillic together with the other
Bulgarian-related packages.

> Also, the font was not set. The alternate keyboard layout was
> "Bulgarian (BDS)" instead of what I chose ("Bulgarian Phonetic").

Where did you chose "Bulgarian Phonetic"?  In console-setup's debconf
question of in console-cyrillic?  (I suppose both should have asked.)

> After removing console-cyrillic and re-configuring console-setup
> everything came into place. During the reconfiguration I saw that
> Bulgarian BDS is selected for the alternate layout, so it appears that
> this information was not passed by D-I.

Since there are two completely different keyboard layouts for
Bulgarian and both are popular (unlike qwerty and dvorak), I made the
following exception for Bulgarian - the question for the keyboard
variant is asked with higher priority.  It is normal that Bulgarian
BDS is selected since d-i has no way to pass this information
(Bulgarian BDS is not supported in kbd-chooser, nor in console-data).

The question about the Bulgarian keyboard variant is asked with high
priority.  Maybe I should change it to critical priority?

> I am not sure whether console-cyrilic's presence was part of the
> problen.

I believe it is not.

Anton Zinoviev