Re: Alternative to make a module support database

[Otavio Salvador]
> It has a list of pciids that a module has support to. Basically is
> what udev uses for probing them. So we might use it to build the
> database of external modules.

Right.  then I understand what you mean.  And yes, that can be done.
I have earlier used the modules.pcimap file for this, and was not
aware that udev didn't use it directly.

I used a similar methot to update (manually) some entries in
discover-data, by installing and building serveral -source packages,
looking in pcimap to find their supported PCI ids, and then used this
information to add the package name to pci-device.xml.  But it should
be done automatically to make sure it stay up-to-date.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen