Special boot parameters

When installing rev4, there is a section that reads roughly

Special boot parameters
You can use the following parameters....

This list is incomplete, see the kernel's kernels-parameters.txt file.

Where is this file located?

Ultimately, I'd like to use the nforce4 software raid on my gigabyte GA-k8n ultra-9. However, if that is not possible, I'd like to see what raid controllers are supported.

Just as an FYI, I have Suse 10.2 installed and it recognizes the software raid. Since both distributions are using the same kernel, I would expect Debian to have the same feature.