Re: cdebconf, frontends and namespaces

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:30:53AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I don't particularly like "fe_" as a prefix (not even for frontends,
> > actually - it's acronym disease and not obvious when you first come to
> > look at it). How about "cdebconf_<frontend>_handler_<type>"?
>
> I like the cdebconf_... namespace.

Except that I need to change "fe_gtk_" into "cdebconf_gtk_" through all
the code, it sounds like the most reasonable thing to do. :)

(I should have thought of this earlier.)

> > Also, there needs to be a transitional period when old plugins still
> > work. Plugins are deployed in production!
>
> This is really need? If we change it on cdebconf and do the need
> changes on entropy and others they all can be uploaded together
> avoiding the need of compatibility code.

If it's only checking for two symbols instead of one, it just means
adding ± 5 lines to src/plugin.c which is okay with me.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism