Re: d-i Customization

--- Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:

> > Op 15-07-2007 om 13:43 schreef Craig Block:
> >
> > Debian Installer requires a Debian packaged kernel.
>
> To turn your own kernel into a debian package is the tool "make-kpkg",
> it is in "kernel-package"

Yea, thanks, I found it.  The Wiki documentation makes it look harder than it
actually is.  I simply built the kernel with make-kpkg then dropped the deb
it created into the pool.  After manually inserting an entry for the new
kernel in the Package file and updating the sizes and md5sums in the Release
file, d-i displayed the custom package in the select kernel dialog.  It
installed the new kernel package without issue.  Really wasn't all that
difficult.  Things always seem harder when they're in front of you.

   -Craig