Re: Regarding: Bug 430023: please add gnu-fdisk-udeb and gnu-cfdisk-udeb

On Friday 13 July 2007 21:38, Geert Stappers wrote:
> The only "risk" I see, is the udeb Package file be coming fat. D-I won't
> fetch udebs it doesn't need, so no harm, no conflicts, no problems.

Apparently you are having problems understanding my arguments. Please read
my earlier mails again. Things are NOT that simple when it comes to
udebs.

> Could people be allowed to do smart things with udebs they choose?

Smart things have always been allowed. But whether they really are smart
things is a decision of the D-I _team_ and not individuals, although
Joey, Colin and I probably have a bit more of a say than most others.

The only thing I'm asking is that ideas new udebs are discussed *before*
they are requested.