Re: usplash in desktop task?

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> I use and like 'quiet' myself. I'd have no problems with adding that as a
> default boot parameter.

*if* we go for usplash installed on either all or some installations,
I think it would be good to add a bootloader menu entry with
"nosplash" and without "quiet", while the default menu entry could use
"quiet" (and of course have the splash screen on hw/sw combinations
that support it).

That would IMHO be a good compromise between the needs of a "nice"
boot sequence and keeping the informative boot for those who want to
keep it.