Re: About console-setup in d-i

Quoting Anton Zinoviev (anton@lml.bas.bg):
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:04:31AM +0300, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> >
> > The next problem is who has to upload kbd...
>
> I wasn't clear here.  My point was that while I can make some
> improvements in this package (fix some bugs), I don't feel myself
> qualified to maintain it.

Well, from the very few I see (I'm the de facto console-data
maintainer, mostly because despite my lack of knowledge, I still can
do some work, but I'm not involved in console-tools and kbd), I'm not
sure that there are other people more qualified.

It's probably time to CC Alastair again as he is by far the person who
fits the most the definition of "the most qualified person" for all
this console stuff....

Alastair, we really need you in this thread in debian-boot. The future
of console handling in D-I and, more generally in Debian, is just
being discussed right now.